At Single Digits, privacy is very important to us, and we have a few fundamental principles:
- We collect a limited set of personal information, only for the purposes of delivering our services to end users on the network.
- We store end user’s personal information as long as there is a legitimate reason to keep it.
- We do not sell or disclose end user’s data to any third party.
Information We Collect
Single Digits provides management and support solutions for networks that provide high speed internet access and enable add-on capabilities such as IoT and TV – collectively referred to as “Services”. Basic end-user information is required for us to provide these Services. We collect some of this information automatically through our normal operations. And, in some cases, we collect information provided to us directly by end users. Whenever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
Information We Collect Automatically
We collect some information automatically through the use of our Services:
- Log Information: We collect information that web browsers and mobile devices typically make available, such as the unique device identifier (MAC Address), device type and browser type.
- Usage Information: We collect some general information about a device’s usage of the network, including the time when a device joined the network, how many bytes were transmitted and received during the session, and the total duration of the session.
- General Location Information: We collect a device’s general location on the network, based on VLAN, which can be associated to location types such as “Lobby” or “Meeting Room”.
Information Directly Provided to Us
Property owners have the option to enable or disable certain features of our Services. Enabling certain features may require us to collect other information which will be directly provided by end users. The amount and type of information depends on the features that are enabled:
- Click-to-Connect Authentication: We collect no additional information beyond the automatic information described above.
- Third Party Authentication Services: We collect no additional information beyond the automatic information described above.
- Access Code Authentication: We collect no additional information beyond the automatic information described above.
- Property Management System Authentication: We collect the Last Name and Room Number information that the end user provides. In addition, we store related end-user information which allows us to provide personalized service or specialized charges, such as codes indicating VIP Status and Class of Service from the Property Management System,
- Credit Card Authentication: We collect the information required for us to process a credit card charge. All credit card information is transmitted securely and charged to the end-user’s account using a PCI compliant credit card processing service. After the charge is completed, we store only information required for us to issue credits or refunds, or to support troubleshooting by our Customer Support team. That information complies with the PCI’s Data Security Standard requirements, and includes the credit card type, the name on the card, the last 4 digits of the card, and the transaction ID of the charge.
- Personal Area Network Authentication: We collect the name, email address and unit number of the end user. This information is used in the process of creating a private user account, which allows the end user to define and control access to their personal area network.
- Other Data Collection: If enabled, end users may be required to enter other information such as an email address. When contacting our Technical Support team, we may request name and contact information for the end user, which will be saved in our ticketing system.
How We Use Information
We use information that we collect to provide our Services to end users under the Terms of Service, as well as other purposes, including:
- Troubleshooting any problems end users have with our Services;
- Analyzing usage of our systems and networks;
- Monitoring and preventing any problems with our Services.
Personally identifiable information is available only to employees who need the information to perform a specific job function.
We do not sell our end users’ private personal information. We do share information in the situations below, keeping appropriate privacy rules in place:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about end users with third party vendors who need the information to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to our end users (like payment providers that process credit or debit card information).
- Legal Requests: We may disclose end user information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- Aggregated Information: We may share information that has been aggregated so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify a specific end user. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
Information Shared Publicly
We do not share personal information publicly.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally delete information about end users when we no longer need the information and are not legally required to continue to keep it. The data described above is retained in our online systems normally for a maximum of 6 months. Aggregated and anonymized data is kept for a longer period of time.
The data that we collect is used, stored, and/or accessed by individuals in the United States. When our Services are offered outside the United States (for example, if our Services are offered at a location in the EU and used by EU residents), the end-user information that we collect will be transferred to the United States for storage and use.
End User Rights
To review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete personal data that we have collected, end-users can contact us at:
Single Digits, Inc.
4 Bedford Farms, Suite 210
Bedford, NH, USA 03110
In order for us to comply with the request, we may require end-users to provide us with information such as a unique device identifier (MAC Address). We will try to comply with the request as soon as reasonably practical.